Golden Onion Soup Recipe
Mozzarella cheese gives this savory onion soup extra richness. It's simple to make and a joy to eat.—Salvatore Bertolino, Indiana, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 2. Reduce heat. Add cheese; heat just until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 334 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Onion Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC