Mozzarella cheese gives this savory onion soup extra richness. It's simple to make and a joy to eat.—Salvatore Bertolino, Indiana, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat. Add cheese; heat just until cheese is melted (do not boil). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Onion Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p47
Reviews for Golden Onion Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review