Golden Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of oats, whole what flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, egg and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining oats. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (10 slices).
One serving (1 slice) equals 188 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Golden Oatmeal Bread
"Good bread that is healthy. Texture is dense and firm, great spread with some butter. Going to make another loaf now- I like having healthy snacks on hand."
"I haven't made this yet but it sounds delish! I'm wondering if I could make these like cupcakes?? Anyone know how they would come out?"
"This bread is yummy, even without the raisins and peacans. It is also easy , love it!!"