Golden Oat Pancakes Recipe
My husband's face lights up when I serve these county-style flapjacks. Serve them with fresh fruit or syrup. —Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, mix oats and milk; let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt.
- 2. Stir eggs and oil into oat mixture. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Or, place two pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 pancakes.
2 pancakes equals 270 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Oat Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC