Golden Oat Pancakes
My husband's face lights up when I serve these county-style flapjacks. Serve them with fresh fruit or syrup. —Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine milk and oats; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir
- in eggs and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and
- salt; stir into oat mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when
- bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is lightly
- browned. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 276 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.