Golden Mustard Fondue Recipe
“Chicken fingers, sausage slices, pretzels and more take on a German Oktoberfest flavor when dunked in this sweet and tangy fondue.”—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Pretzels or cubed rye bread
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup cream and mustard until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Combine egg yolk and remaining cream. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vinegar. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without pretzels or bread) equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC