Golden Mustard Fondue
“Chicken fingers, sausage slices, pretzels and more take on a German Oktoberfest flavor when dunked in this sweet and tangy fondue.”—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Pretzels or cubed rye bread
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in
- 3/4 cup cream and mustard until smooth. Cook and stir over
- medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and
- stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Combine egg yolk and remaining cream. Stir a
- small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk mixture; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vinegar. Keep
- warm. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without pretzels or bread) equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.