Golden Mustard Fondue Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Pretzels or cubed rye bread
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in 3/4 cup cream and mustard until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Combine egg yolk and remaining cream. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk mixture; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vinegar. Keep warm. Serve with pretzels. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 146 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Golden Mustard Fondue
"This was amazing. I made it as a sauce for baked chicken when we had company over for dinner and everyone loved it."