Golden Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Meet the Cook: When there's no gravy with the meat, this is great to serve in place of regularly mashed potatoes. I make it often to take to picnics and church socials. My husband even made it for his family's reunion one year when I couldn't go! We have a grown son, a 17-year-old son and a 12-year-old daughter. -Cindy Stith, Wickliffe, Kentucky
- 9 large potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the potatoes and carrots in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Place in a bowl; mash and set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add to potato mixture. Add sour cream, salt and pepper; mix until blended.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 370 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC