Golden Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 9 large potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook the potatoes and carrots in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Place in a bowl; mash and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add to potato mixture. Add sour cream, salt and pepper; mix until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Golden Mashed Potatoes(2)
Sort By :
DELICIOUS! Best mashed potatoes ever! And I love the fact that these can be made up ahead and then finish baking in the oven... less last-minute rush getting supper on the table. I've also made the recipe and froze half of it - they warmed up great too!
These potatoes are delicious. I was visiting my Grandma's house and she made these to go with dinner. I thought they sounded weird, because they had carrots in them. But I was wrong they are sooooooo good! Best mashed potato dish ever!!!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >