Golden M&M's Bars Recipe
"Our family loves to take drives, and I often bring these bars along for snacking in the car," relates Martha Haseman of Hinckley, Illinois.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1-3/4 cups plain M&M's, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Bear in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and 1 cup of M&M's.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with the remaining M&M's. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Golden M&M's Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC