- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1-3/4 cups plain M&M's, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Bear in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and 1 cup of M&M's.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with the remaining M&M's. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Golden M&M's Bars
"These bars were a hit with the crowd. Will make definately make them again!"
"Excellent recipe! I substituted chocolate chips for the white chips and yummy!! I have made these several times and they are a hit every time! I dare you to eat just one! :)"
"I did something a little different with the recipe. I substituted Milk Chocolate Chips and White Chocolate M&M's. VERY GOOD!!"
"I came across this recipe when I was looking for a quick bar to take to a get together. I used peanut butter m&m's and milk chocolate chips instead and they were amazing! I didn't have any left! Will use this recipe many more times I am sure!"
"Simple and easy to make. It's pretty good but I found it to be WAY too sweet - which is why I wouldn't make it again. If I were to make it again, I would omit the white chocolate chips. You don't really taste them and they just make the whole thing sweeter. If you find the dough too sticky, wet your hands and then press it into place."
"the taste was great, but did not bake well. hard edges and stuck to the pan"
"I made these to bring in for my friends at shool and they were gone within seconds, with plenty of mm-mmm's!Only thing, I used 2 cups of the peanutbutter filled m&m's and used a 9X9" pan so they were thicker... super moist and crumbly to perfection!! Absolutely delicious."
"Only had 1 cup of M&M's on hand, so I cut up some Hershey's fun size bars and added them to the mixture. So delicious!~ Theresa"
"Always a winner with my friends! I also add extra chips and M&Ms. :D"
"For a while you could get bags of miniature M&Ms for baking, but I haven't seen them in the supermarket in quite a while. I baked a pan of these bars to bring to a neighborhood potluck. They went over very well."