Golden Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 loaf.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Golden Lemon Pound Cake(3)
Sort By :
This did not come out right for me. It tasted really good, but did not have the texture of pound cake. It was crumbly and light and completely fell apart on me.
I have been searching for a moist pound cake that I could make from scratch. I enjoy baking and do it often. This recipe is by far the best I have made. I will make this again and again. I did cut the pound cake in half and made a cream cheese icing and added strawberry preserves in the icing and iced the middle part of the cake. Truly amazing. Thanks for sharing.
This cake is great, but how much baking soda should be added in the ingredients. The baking soda is not listed in the ingredients, but is in the directions. I used 1 teaspoon ...