Golden Lemon Glazed Cheesecake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small lemon, thinly slice, divided
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla just until blended. Pour into the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Set aside 1 lemon slice; coarsely chop the remaining lemon slices. In small saucepan, combine the chopped lemon and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- 5. In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in the remaining water until smooth. Add lemon juice and lemon pulp. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until cooled, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Pour the lemon glaze over the cheesecake; garnish with reserved lemon slice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 316 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Lemon Glazed Cheesecake
"I really love lemon ànd cheesecake, and these 2 combined's just delicious! Thank you very much for your lovely recipe! :-)"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.