Golden Lemon Glazed Cheesecake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small lemon, thinly slice, divided
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla just until blended. Pour into the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Set aside 1 lemon slice; coarsely chop the remaining lemon slices. In small saucepan, combine the chopped lemon and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- 5. In another saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir in the remaining water until smooth. Add lemon juice and lemon pulp. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until cooled, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Pour the lemon glaze over the cheesecake; garnish with reserved lemon slice. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 316 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Golden Lemon Glazed Cheesecake
"I really love lemon ànd cheesecake, and these 2 combined's just delicious! Thank you very much for your lovely recipe! :-)"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.