I love lemon cake, so when I found this recipe in our local newspaper, I decided to try it. I've been making it ever since. Whenever I bring it to a potluck supper I always take the recipe along, because someone's sure to ask for it!
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup warm tap water
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- TANGY CITRUS GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- For cake, combine all ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened, then at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased and floured 12-cup tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove cake and place on wire rack.
- For glaze, combine ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes. Place platter under wire rack. Using toothpick, poke holes in top of cake; pour glaze over top and sides. Allow cake to cool completely before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Golden Lemon Cake in Country Extra September 1990, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Golden Lemon Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review