- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8-1/2 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 2 tablespoons sugar in 1/2 cup water. In a saucepan, heat the milk, butter and remaining water to 110°-115°; add to yeast mixture. Add eggs, salt, 5 cups flour and the remaining sugar; beat until smooth. Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Divide into thirds; roll each portion into a 14-in. roll. Divide each roll into 14 pieces. Roll pieces into 9-in. ropes and tie into knots. Place the rolls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Golden Knots
Sort By :
"These rolls are sweet and chewy and are a family favorite for holidays. Take the time to make them, you wont be disappointed!"
"They are wonderful as rolls and great for making into cinnamon rolls as well."
"These have been my ravorite rolls for years. They are soft and sweet and earn lots of praise whenever I make them"