- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm 1% buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup honey, warmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm buttermilk. Stir in honey; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, salt, mace and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Pour melted butter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with honey; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with softened butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Honey Sweet Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p144
Reviews for Golden Honey Sweet Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review