Golden Honey Rolls Recipe
These golden-brown rolls are famous at our family gatherings. Once, upon noticing the pan was empty, a disappointed relative asked me, “Could you make more next year?” —Ellen Krueger, Canton, Missouri
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the oil, honey, egg, egg yolk, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Dough will be sticky.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide into 20 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Divide between two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Combine the topping ingredients; brush 3 tablespoons over rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with remaining topping.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 20 rolls.
1 each: 171 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Golden Honey Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC