Golden Honey Pan Rolls Recipe
A cousin in North Carolina gave me the recipe for these delicious honey-glazed rolls. Using my bread machine to make the dough saves me about 2 hours compared to the traditional method. The rich, buttery taste of these rolls is so popular with family and friends that I usually make two batches so I have enough! -Sara Wing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- Additional honey, optional
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.)
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 24 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 12 balls each in two greased 8-in. square baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. For glaze, combine the sugar, butter, honey and egg white; drizzle over dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with additional honey if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 139 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC