Golden Harvest Potato Bake Recipe
Pat Tomkins of Sooke, British Columbia shares the recipe for this brightly-colored casserole featuring two kinds of potatoes. “It fits well with any holiday entree,” notes Pat.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots, garlic and tarragon in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the vegetables. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, milk, eggs, vinegar, butter, salt, parsley and pepper until blended.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 152 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC