- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, carrots, garlic and tarragon in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the vegetables. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, milk, eggs, vinegar, butter, salt, parsley and pepper until blended.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Golden Harvest Potato Bake
"I found this a nice partner with venison, love make ahead. I did not mash the carrots to hard, all other mashed. I did make a half batch...I would make this again and so would my guest. Lovely colour. Janet. FE"
"These were good, but I would have preferred just mashed sweet potatoes and yukons. This required more work for something I didn't find that impressive."
"These are awesome - not your usual mashed potato dish, it has way more flavour with all the other veggies in it. I would increase the garlic a bit, just my personal preference. It's a good dish for entertaining cuz it's not BORING and would go well with any of your usual roasted meats."
"We had friends over last night for dinner and I made this. Everyone loved them and there weren't any leftovers! The flavor is wonderful, I used three large garlic cloves and they give good flavor. The cider vinegar definitely adds to the flavor, but you can't tell it's vinegar, it's absolutely delicious. Our friends asked for the recipe and commented that they will increase the sweet potato ratio. I might try that too, but my Dad who doesn't like sweet potatoes said they are perfect as it :) Great recipe!"
"I really don't know what this big deal is about these potatoes, I made them and they are gross, had no flavor, and I could not tell you where I had gone wrong, because I followed the recipe to a T. My mom and I were really disappointed for we were really looking forward to these. Don't waste your time making these!"
"Scrumptious! I will be making this for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. The recipe makes a good amount for a crowd and I really love how it is not syrupy sweet. Delicious mix between mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes- If you must have the marshmallow topped traditional yams- this one most likely wont do- I am excited to have a great savory new side dish! I can always make the regular yams another night!"
"Loved this! Not your ordinary mashed 'taters. I might increase the ratios of carrots/potato/sweet potato next time, but delish as it is. Light & fluffy! Thank you"
"I second L Bostwick's request."
"Great recipe and not just for Thanksgiving! I reduced the recipe to 4 servings and it worked out great."
"I wish Taste of Home would put which issue their recipes are published in. I save each issue and it would save lots of paper and ink reprinting the recipes out! Please consider."