Golden Harvest Cookies Recipe
Folks may be skeptical when you tell them the ingredients in these cookies. But what a tantalizing treat for the taste buds! These unique cookies are just slightly sweet.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 176 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC