- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge.
- Sprinkle flour over the pastry. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; layer into pastry alternately with apples. Dot with marmalade and butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Harvest Apple Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p156
Reviews for Golden Harvest Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review