Golden Ham Croquettes
Neighbors happened to drop in the first time I made these...they loved them!
I say my hobby's crafting. Actually, though, it's helping my husband with ranch work and running after the kids. We have four of them, from 13 to 9.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 2 cups coarsely ground fully cooked ham
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in curry powder and flour. Gradually
- add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in mustard and onion; add ham
- and mix well. Cover and chill thoroughly.