This is a great way to serve up eggs. These sandwiches will delight your family.—American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter, softened
- 12 slices rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Butter one side
- of each slice of bread. Place six slices on a griddle or skillet,
- buttered side down.
- Spread about 1/3 cup filling on each slice. Top with remaining bread,
- buttered side up. Toast each side until golden brown and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 322 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.