- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter, softened
- 12 slices rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place six slices on a griddle or skillet, buttered side down.
- Spread about 1/3 cup filling on each slice. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up. Toast each side until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Grills in Country Woman March/April 1997, p40
Reviews for Golden Grills
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review