Golden Granola Recipe
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or chopped dried apricots
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a saucepan, cook and stir the oil, brown sugar, honey, water and vanilla until sugar is dissolved. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 1 hour or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Stir in raisins or apricots. Yield: 18 servings.
1/2 cup: 258 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Golden Granola
"One of my absolute favorite granola recipes! Also great without raisins or with regular dark raisins. I use mine with yogurt and fresh fruit for a parfait as a snack or for breakfast."
"This is absolutely delicious and a firm family favourite. It's one we'll be making many more times, as we love the taste of it. It's a keeper, for sure."
"This had way too much salt in it...I would recommend 1/2 tsp. I would give it a 3 star"