Golden Gouda Mushroom Soup Recipe
Here’s a fantastic first course for guests. Rich, creamy and cheesy, it will warm you from the inside out and stir your appetite for what’s to come.—Charlotte Rogers, Virginia Beach, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Chives and smoked paprika
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, pepper and allspice until smooth; gradually add the broth, sherry and cream. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 2. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Garnish servings with chives and paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 412 calories, 33 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 1,082 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC