Golden Gouda Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Chives and smoked paprika
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, pepper and allspice until smooth; gradually add the broth, sherry and cream. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 2. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Garnish servings with chives and paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 412 calories, 33g fat (21g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 1082mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Golden Gouda Mushroom Soup
"I love gouda cheese and soup but I did not particularly like the two together."
"Pretty tasty. I used a cracked pepper smoked gouda (I'm a pepper Lover). I also doubled the mushrooms to make it even better."
"This is a delicious soup. The ingredients can be tweaked and some substititutions made as desired by the kitchen-savvy cook. It is also good as a cream soup without the cheese."
"Made this one about a week ago. Smoked Gouda is my favorite cheese so I added more. The sherry gave it a nice flavor. I added a variety of mushrooms.Overall fantastic!"
"Absolutely incredible! I don't know any other word that would properly describe how delicious this soup is! I made the recipe exactly as written, except at the end I pureed the soup because I don't like chewing bits of mushroom. My husband was crazy about it, he said "I could get addicted to this!""