Golden Gouda Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- Chives and smoked paprika
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, pepper and allspice until smooth; gradually add the broth, sherry and cream. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Garnish servings with chives and paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Golden Gouda Mushroom Soup(6)
Sort By :
I love gouda cheese and soup but I did not particularly like the two together.
Pretty tasty. I used a cracked pepper smoked gouda (I'm a pepper Lover). I also doubled the mushrooms to make it even better.
This is a delicious soup. The ingredients can be tweaked and some substititutions made as desired by the kitchen-savvy cook. It is also good as a cream soup without the cheese.
Made this one about a week ago. Smoked Gouda is my favorite cheese so I added more. The sherry gave it a nice flavor. I added a variety of mushrooms.
Absolutely incredible! I don't know any other word that would properly describe how delicious this soup is! I made the recipe exactly as written, except at the end I pureed the soup because I don't like chewing bits of mushroom. My husband was crazy about it, he said "I could get addicted to this!"
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >