"MY SISTER and I loved this salad because we thought it tasted like a dessert. We ate a lot of Jell-O when we were growing up, but this was our favorite gelatin dish. I always make this salad for picnics. I provides a fruit and a vegetable, and bright color as well."
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add lemon juice and enough cold water to pineapple juice to make 1 cup; add salt if desired. Stir into gelatin. Chill until slightly set. Stir in pineapple and carrots. Pour into an oiled 4-cup mold; cover and chill until firm. Unmold. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Glow Salad in Reminisce July/August 1994, p51
Reviews for Golden Glow Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review