Golden Glow Gelatin Mold Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Leaf lettuce and lemon slices, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice and marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly blended. Stir in cold water and marshmallow mixture. Chill until partially set. Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- 3. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate if desired. Garnish with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 113 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Golden Glow Gelatin Mold
"This is good as is, but I've also made it substituting strained Greek yogurt for the cream cheese and sugar free jello for the regular. I think it would probably be better with one orange and one lemon jello."