Golden Glow Gelatin Mold Recipe
Bursting and sunshiny citrus flavor, this sweet-and-creamy gelatin mold sent in by Aline Savoie, Edmonton, Alberta, will brighten the table and delight guests. "I make it for many a party, and not one bite is ever left," she affirms.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Leaf lettuce and lemon slices, optional
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice and marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly blended. Stir in cold water and marshmallow mixture. Chill until partially set. Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- 3. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate if desired. Garnish with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 113 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Glow Gelatin Mold
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC