Golden Glow Gelatin Mold
Bursting and sunshiny citrus flavor, this sweet-and-creamy gelatin mold sent in by Aline Savoie, Edmonton, Alberta, will brighten the table and delight guests. "I make it for many a party, and not one bite is ever left," she affirms.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Leaf lettuce and lemon slices, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large
- saucepan, combine pineapple juice and marshmallows; cook and stir
- over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cream cheese; stir until
- mixture is thoroughly blended. Stir in cold water and marshmallow
- mixture. Chill until partially set. Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until
- set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate if desired. Garnish
- with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 113 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.