Golden Glow Gelatin Mold Recipe
Bursting and sunshiny citrus flavor, this sweet-and-creamy gelatin mold sent in by Aline Savoie, Edmonton, Alberta, will brighten the table and delight guests. "I make it for many a party, and not one bite is ever left," she affirms.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Leaf lettuce and lemon slices, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine pineapple juice and marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly blended. Stir in cold water and marshmallow mixture. Chill until partially set. Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate if desired. Garnish with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Golden Glow Gelatin Mold in Country Woman May/June 1999, p40
Reviews for Golden Glow Gelatin Mold(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2011
This is good as is, but I've also made it substituting strained Greek yogurt for the cream cheese and sugar free jello for the regular. I think it would probably be better with one orange and one lemon jello.