- smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in the
- lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla just until blended. Pour into
- crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire
- rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to
- loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, in a small heavy saucepan, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon
- juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly,
- until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Add
- food coloring if desired. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10
- minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Spread glaze over cheesecake; garnish with raspberries if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.