Golden Glazed Fryer
This moist grilled chicken has a savory coating that's a nice change of pace from tomato-based sauces. The recipe has been passed down for generations.Peggy West, Georgetown, Delaware
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken skin side down, covered,
- over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients; brush over chicken.
- Grill for 5 minutes. Turn and brush with glaze; grill 5 minutes
- longer or until meat juices run clear. Discard unused glaze. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 867 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.