Golden Glazed Fryer Recipe
This moist grilled chicken has a savory coating that's a nice change of pace from tomato-based sauces. The recipe has been passed down for generations.Peggy West, Georgetown, Delaware
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken skin side down, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients; brush over chicken. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn and brush with glaze; grill 5 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Discard unused glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Glazed Fryer in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Golden Glazed Fryer(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >