Golden Garlic Bread
This is a quick way to dress up French breadjust top halves with the four-ingredients spread and broil.Annette Self, Junction City, Ohio
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- Combine the butter, cheese, garlic and basil; spread over cut sides
- of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the
- heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Cut into 3-in. pieces.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 235 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.