Golden Game Hens
I served game hens at a diplomatic dinner when my wife, Ruth, was the defense attaché at the American Embassy in Budapest, Hungary. They were an appealing choice because they filled a plate and garnered many fine comments.Andy Anderson, Graham, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Loosely stuff hens with apple and onion. Place on a rack in a shallow
- baking pan. Combine butter and soy sauce; brush over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 1,571 calories, 111 g fat (33 g saturated fat), 763 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 128 g protein.