Golden Fruitcake Recipe
Fruitcake has been favored by my family ever since my sister shared this light version. It's moist and filled with goodies.
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) golden raisins
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups diced candied pineapple (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Place raisins in a large bowl; cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the walnuts, pineapple, cherries, coconut and raisins.
- 3. Spoon into nine greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 300° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 9 loaves (5 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Fruitcake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC