Golden Fruit Cocktail
My family and friends love the combination of the many fruits and fruit juices in this sweet hot fruit cocktail. It especially warms you up on cold winter mornings.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup sliced peaches
- 1 cup sliced pears
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments
- 12 maraschino cherries
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, orange juice, butter, lemon
- juice, cornstarch and orange peel. Cook and stir until mixture
- boils; cook 2 more minutes. Add remaining ingredients; heat through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.