Golden French Toast Recipe
A combination of orange juice and cardamom make this oven-baked french toast extra special. It's a pretty dish to serve overnight guests.—Karen Free, Overland Park, Kansas
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a bowl, combine orange juice, peel, eggs and cardamom; beat well. Melt the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan in the oven. Remove pan from oven. Dip the bread on both sides in the egg mixture; place in a single layer in pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pieces equals 219 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC