Golden French Toast
A combination of orange juice and cardamom make this oven-baked french toast extra special. It's a pretty dish to serve overnight guests.Karen Free, Overland Park, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, peel, eggs and cardamom; beat well.
- Melt the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan in the oven. Remove pan from
- oven. Dip the bread on both sides in the egg mixture; place in a
- single layer in pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces equals 219 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.