Golden French Toast Recipe
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a bowl, combine orange juice, peel, eggs and cardamom; beat well. Melt the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan in the oven. Remove pan from oven. Dip the bread on both sides in the egg mixture; place in a single layer in pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 219 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Golden French Toast
"Although I cooked these on the griddle instead of baking in the oven, they were were so good! (I left out the butter and sprayed the griddle with nonstick spray.)"
"This was easy & delicious. My family loved it! I didn't have fresh oj, so I used Tropicana. I worked out fine. I also substituted cinnamon for the cardmom, because I didn't have it on hand."