- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, peel, eggs and cardamom; beat well. Melt the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan in the oven. Remove pan from oven. Dip the bread on both sides in the egg mixture; place in a single layer in pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Golden French Toast
Sort By :
YUM! Makes an easy yet delicious special breakfast. We used wheat French bread and bottled orange juice.
This was easy & delicious. My family loved it! I didn't have fresh oj, so I used Tropicana. I worked out fine. I also substituted cinnamon for the cardmom, because I didn't have it on hand.