Golden Fish Cakes
Our family loves fish, so I've tried many recipes. I came up with this combination and it's been a hit at our house. It's outstanding served with corn bread.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound flaked cooked whitefish, cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Shape into
- 12 patties, adding additional water if needed; coat with the Italian
- bread crumbs. In a large skillet, cook the patties in oil for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately
- with tartar sauce and lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 fish cakes equals 347 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon