Our family loves fish, so I've tried many recipes. I came up with this combination and it's been a hit at our house. It's outstanding served with corn bread.
- 1 pound flaked cooked whitefish, cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Shape into 12 patties, adding additional water if needed; coat with the Italian bread crumbs. In a large skillet, cook the patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with tartar sauce and lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Fish Cakes in Country August/September 1995, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Golden Fish Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review