Golden Fish Cakes Recipe
- 1 pound flaked cooked whitefish, cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Shape into 12 patties, adding additional water if needed; coat with the Italian bread crumbs. In a large skillet, cook the patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve immediately with tartar sauce and lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Golden Fish Cakes(6)
Sort By :
This was great
This wasn't bad although I had to add way more breadcrumbs to make it stick. If I do again I won't put any water in the mixture. Added parmesan and a bunch of other seasonings - I can just never resist! But they were somewhat of a nightmare to shape into patties and I felt like I had more of the stuff on my hands than got onto the skillet. I definitely don't think I'm a fishcake person. They tasted good though.
EXCELLENT! Used tilapia and added parmesan (per other reviewer's suggestion) and some dry bread crumbs to the fish patties before coating to get them to stick together better. Also used a mixture of cornmeal and italian bread crumbs for the coating. VERY TASTY!!
I do not like fishy tasting fish and I made these for my husband and used pollack and I would make them every week they are great
I make this a lot for my family. I do add parmesan cheese to it.