Golden Egg Bread
"Cut this lovely loaf into thick slices to fix excellent French toast," recommends Sybil Brown of Highland, California. "It also makes good sandwiches and very tasty cheese toast," she adds.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices.).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.