Golden Egg Bake
As a camp cook, I make breakfast for groups ranging in size from 25 to 350. This egg bake is a must for Sunday brunch because everybody loves it.Judy Martin, Onamia, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place the ham, cheese and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over
- ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 237 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.