As a camp cook, I make breakfast for groups ranging in size from 25 to 350. This egg bake is a must for Sunday brunch because everybody loves it.—Judy Martin, Onamia, Minnesota
- 2-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place the ham, cheese and onion in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Golden Egg Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p273
Reviews for Golden Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2013
"I replaced the ham with sautéed onions and asparagus because I didn't have any ham. It was delicious. I would definitely make this recipe again. And I loved how easy it was."