Golden Delicious Apple Pie Recipe
I make this pie using apples from my own orchard. The addition of cider really enhances the appealing flavor.
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/3 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Place the apples in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in apple cider until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice.
- 3. Pour over apples; toss to coat. Pour into pastry shell. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 335 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Golden Delicious Apple Pie
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2014
"This pie is really good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC