Golden Crescents Recipe
My family loves these rolls so much they request them for every Sunday dinner. Pulling their share of these slightly sweet, tender rolls from out of the basket, my grandchildren look at me and say, "Grandma, you are the world's best cook." -Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter plus additional as needed, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, eggs, softened butter, shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 2. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush each with 1 tablespoon melted butter, and cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Brush with additional melted butter if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
> 1 roll equals 133 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Golden Crescents
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC