Golden Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional butter, melted, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, shortening, egg, salt and 1 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. circle. Melt remaining butter; brush over the dough. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and curve to form crescents. Place pointed side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Brush with additional melted butter if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 131 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Golden Crescent Rolls
"My sis always brings these rolls to family get togethers. The kids fight over them! Although I've never tried making them, I plan to after watching the video, just have to block out enough time, should be easier noe that the kids are raised and I'm not rushing them around to practices!"