Golden Country Grits
Although I was born and raised in the South, I never really cared for this truly Southern dish, but one day I was poring over my mother's collection of recipes, saw this and decided to give it a try. I've been a grits lover ever since.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cooked grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Pour into a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.