Golden Corn Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Let pastry shell stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a blender, combine the cream, eggs, butter, onion, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process until blended. Stir in corn; pour into crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Golden Corn Quiche(12)
Sort By :
Made this twice. Added fresh sage and pepper the second time around! Much more savory!!!
I made this with 1 cup skim milk instead of the cream, and used a refrigerated pie crust in a quiche pan (about 10"). I didn't have room for all the mixture in this. I also added a small amount of grated cheddar on top. Using the blender to mix it up -- what a revelation! So easy and quick! I loved the finished product -- silky like custard and a sweet corn flavor. Will definitely make again!
I also added a small handful of shredded Italian blend cheese around the top before baking.
I made this last night using fresh corn cut off the cob, half a red onion and Greek yogurt in place of the heavy cream. It came out like cheesy corn bake in a pie crust. Very delicious.
Am not a big pie crust fan, so I just tore up some white bread and placed on bottom. Used regular milk, increased eggs to five. Also, used 1/2 cup softened cream cheese and a handful of broccoli - blended those in the blender w/ everything else (including the corn). Stirred in some cubed ham to the blended, poured in the "crust" and sprinkled cheddar on top. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >