I serve cut-up fresh fruit with this comforting quiche, which my vegetarian son really enjoys. You could also pair it with a slice or two of ham. Try it for brunch or dinner. —Donna Gonda North Canton, Ohio
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Let pastry shell stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a blender, combine the cream, eggs, butter, onion, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process until blended. Stir in corn; pour into crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Golden Corn Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p41
Reviews for Golden Corn Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review