Golden Corn Quiche
I serve cut-up fresh fruit with this comforting quiche, which my vegetarian son really enjoys. You could also pair it with a slice or two of ham. Try it for brunch or dinner.
North Canton, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Let pastry shell stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Line
- unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- In a blender, combine the cream, eggs, butter, onion, flour, sugar
- and salt; cover and process until blended. Stir in corn; pour into
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 285 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium,