- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cubed butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Combine the egg, squash, buttermilk and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in corn.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Golden Corn Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p130
Reviews for Golden Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review